The “Sky Crew” on NHPR’s The Exchange
Every few months, I join host Laura Knoy with fellow New Hampshire astronomers Mal Cameron and John Gianforte to discuss all the astronomical happenings that folks want to hear about. The call-in show airs live on New Hampshire Public Radio and online at 9am ET Monday – Friday. Check here for the announcement of our next show. Past Sky Crew episodes include:
- Missions to Venus, Space Junk & UFOs – June 9, 2021
- Getting Started Skygazing & Signs of Life on Venus – Sept 30, 2020
- Life Beyond Earth? – Feb 4, 2020
- Memories of Apollo 11 – July 16, 2019
- The Universe Expands – May 6, 2019
- Eyes on the Moon and Beyond – Jan 14, 2019
- “Goblin” Planet Discovery – Oct 4, 2018
- Ice Water Plumes on Jupiter’s Moon – May 14, 2018
- A Cosmic Crash Ushers in a New Era – Oct 24, 2017
- Anticipating the Solar Eclipse – Aug 9, 2017
Additional appearance on Jan 27, 2021, The Legacy of Christa McAuliffe and N.H. Space Education
I was on Science Friday!
I got to talk about DIY radio astronomy projects in relation to the Perseid meteor shower on the August 8, 2014, episode of Science Friday. Listen to the archive or read the accompanying post about it.
For several years, I co-hosted Learning Space, a weekly Hangout on Air about topics in astronomy education, outreach, and other ways to share science. It includes interviews, hands-on demonstrations, lists of our favorite resources and more.
Experience the wonders of children learning about the universe from my fourth podcast, “Dark Skies, Bright Kids.” This highlights the work of the outreach club by that name at the UVa Astronomy Department, with a goal to bring astronomy into rural elementary schools.
I have a third podcast up on February 6, 2010, all about the EVLA. This is the Expanded Very Large Array, a ten-fold improvement of one of the most productive telescopes today. Listen to hear more about this exciting telescope upgrade!
Check out my second podcast, “Seeing the Universe in a Whole New Light.”
I hope you also enjoyed my very first podcast on April 2nd of the International Year of Astronomy, where we tell you a little bit about the PAPER project, or the Precision Array to Probe the Epoch of Reionization.
Thanks for listening!